Remember that you can take a portion of this test and come back to it with our bookmark feature.
Is it more important for you to derive your self-worth and self-image from others’ reflections of you rather than from your own perception of yourself? Do your thoughts and actions have more to do with pleasing others than with pleasing yourself? Positive answers to these and other questions like these can help point out areas where codependency may be interfering with your day-to-day functioning.
Codependency can be defined as behaving in either overly passive or in excessively caretaking ways that negatively impact your relationship with those around you. If you have ever felt like a doormat, or that nobody even acknowledges your needs, and if you find yourself constantly sacrificing to help others, you may be experiencing codependent issues. This course will show you how to understand and identify codependent traits, how to confront codependency, and how to achieve and maintain independence.
- Understanding codependency: Learn to identify and analyze codependency traits within yourself or your partner.
- Confronting Codependency: Learn effective techniques for overcoming codependent tendencies
- Achieving Independence: Learn how to achieve independence from codependent relationships.
- Identify the steps needed to break free.
- Maintaining Independence: Learn to maintain your independence from negative thinking and how to resist codependency.
FamilyIQ's online relationship tests, courses and classes have been developed by nationally recognized Marriage and Family Therapists, Counselors, PhD's and MD's across the country to help you improve your relationships and marriage through education.
These courses make extensive use of popup windows to enhance your learning experience. They will not be used for advertising. In order for the courses to work correctly in your browser, any popup eliminator software should be disabled for this site.
FamilyIQ courses are best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers.
This course has audio narration, so please adjust your sound accordingly.
FamilyIQ members can purchase products at a discounted rate.
Learn more about becoming a FamilyIQ member.
Already a FamilyIQ member?